CPCtraining.com have access to over 40 CPC training centres and hundreds of CPC test centres across the UK, so call us today on 0808 168 7922 or obtain a quote here.
Driver CPC Initial Qualification consists of two parts, Module 2 and Module 4. The qualification can be done at any point, as long as Modules 2 and 4 are completed in order.
MODULE 2 (THEORY TEST)
Revised from the CPC Book or online revision, test at DVSA Theory Test Centre.
- Case study test conducted at the Theory Test Centre.
- Lasts approximately 30 minutes
- Revised from the CPC online revision which is included in this package
- Usually conducted around the same time that you take your theory tests.
MODULE 4 (PRACTICAL TEST)
Training Conducted at the School with a test at DVSA Test Centre.
- Practical demonstration test
- Lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- Involves walking around a stationary vehicle with the examiner, demonstrating that you can complete several crucial checks.
- Usually conducted after you have passed your practical test or during your training week.
Who are CPCtraining.com?
CPCtraining.com is part of a well-established, well-respected group of HGV training and CPC training companies that deliver quality HGV & CPC training across the UK. During the past 7 years we are proud to have consistently delivered what we consider to be the best HGV training, followed by industry leading CPC training. Whatever your requirements, CPCtraining.com can help plan and carry out your CPC training.
What does Drivers CPC mean?
Drivers CPC is a shortened term for Drivers Certificate Of Professional Competence.
Who needs the Drivers CPC?
The initial Drivers CPC qualification (Modules 2&4) is a legal requirement for any goods driver, looking to drive a lorry or bus for financial gain, who passed their car test after January 1997 or who passed their HGV / PSV test after September 2009.
CPCtraining.com have access to over 40 CPC training centres and hundreds of CPC test centres across the UK, so why not obtain a quote here.
What is involved in The Drivers CPC?
There are 2 parts to The Drivers CPC, modules 2 & 4.
- Module 2 is a theory test, to be taken at a DVSA test centre on a computer. This test is very straight forward and CPCtraining.com provide online revision and support to get you through.
- Module 4 is a practical test, including securing loads, dolly knots and using ratchet straps, among others. CPCtraining.com will provide ample practical training for the test.
How much does the Drivers CPC Cost?
The cost of the Drivers CPC varies across the UK, call us on 0808 168 7922 or obtain a quote here.
Why do we have Drivers CPC?
- Drivers CPC was introduced to ensure drivers of goods vehicles are competent in all parts of their job, during an HGV driving course you are not taught how to secure loads, maintain the security of the goods you are carrying or check for illegal immigrants, you are also not instructed on working time directives. The CPC training covers all of the above and more.
- The CPC training ensures HGV & PSV drivers are trained to a high standard, not just for driving but all aspects of being a professional road user. Making travelling on our roads safer for everyone.
When did the Drivers CPC start?
The Drivers CPC came into affect in September 2009. As previously mentioned drivers who passed their car test after January 1997 or goods drivers who passed their HGV or PSV test after 2009 need to take modules 2 & 4 of the Drivers CPC.
What do you receive when you complete the Drivers CPC?
On completion of the Drivers CPC, you will receive a drivers qualification card, which you must carry on you at all times, whilst driving. This is something that employers will ask to see on interview.